Parenting Plan Modifications

Serving Murfreesboro, TN & The Surrounding Counties

Murfreesboro Parenting Plan Modification Attorney

Experienced Help in Rutherford, Coffee, & Wilson Counties

When separating couples share children, establishing a parenting plan is an important element of the divorce process. It is crucial to make sure your children are cared for following the divorce.

While your parenting plan may have worked at the time you created it, your situation could have changed. Thankfully, the courts allow parents to modify their existing parenting plan in order to accommodate changes in a family’s life. 

We can help you propose a change to your parenting plan or figure out what to do next if your former spouse has suggested a modification that you don’t agree with. Will Fraley, Attorney at Law is your source for unmatched family law guidance.

Contact us online or call (615) 552-0332 for a free consultation.

Elements of a Parenting Plan

A parenting plan must include specific parameters that establish when each parent will see their children, how much time they will spend with the children, who will provide child support and how much, and more. A parenting plan can also include other terms that govern how the children will be raised.

Your parenting can include details about:

  • Child support
  • Visitation schedule
  • Insurance
  • Education
  • Religious upbringing

Why a Parenting Plan May Be Changed

Once a parenting plan is established, the terms of the plan are not permanent. A parenting plan can be modified to account for changes in the parents’ or children’s circumstances.

A parenting plan may be modified because:

  • One of the parents plans on moving away
  • Either parent’s financial situation has changed
  • A parent or both parents no longer agree with the existing terms

What to Do if Your Former Spouse Wants to Change Your Parenting Plan

If you want to modify your parenting plan, you can hire a lawyer to propose the change and go through the legal process to make the modification.

If your ex-spouse wants to change your parenting plan and you disagree with their proposal, the situation can feel much more out of your control. However, we can build a case that demonstrates why your former spouse’s ideas for your parenting plan should be denied.

Decisions about parenting plans are almost always made based on the best interests of the children. In order to fight against a parenting plan modification, you must prove that the proposed change does not serve the best interests of your children. It is often not enough just to demonstrate that you personally do not agree with the change. 

Schedule a Free Consultation

Whether you want to change your parenting plan, or your former spouse is trying to modify your parenting plan, we can help. We can also assist with creating a parenting plan and the other elements of your divorce.

To get started on your case, call (615) 552-0332 or reach out to us online.

Our Client Testimonials

  • “They were helpful, caring, and dedicated to making sure I would win.”
  • “What a blessing.”
  • “They listened to my concerns and addressed each one in a timely manner.”

Choose Will Fraley Attorney At Law

  • Native to Tennessee
  • Dedicated Trial Attorney
  • Spanish Speaking Services Available
  • Nearly 20 Years of Legal Experience

Contact Us

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy